This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we earn a small commission from some companies mentioned in this post. There's no additional cost for the reader when using an affiliate link. Read the full disclosure here.
The Terme di San Filippo in Italy is an amazing spot to relax. Terme di San Filippo are these beautiful groups of hot springs just like Terme di Saturnia. The drive from Rome to Terme di San Filippo is around two hours. You can park your car nearby and walk towards Fosso Bianco (the sign you have to follow). After some walking you arrive at the hot springs.
The road to the hot springs is already quite impressive. You will pass by some beautiful trees you’ll find all over Tuscany. They are called Tuscan Cypress (or Mediterranean) and can live up to two thousand years long. These elegant trees are all planted, because they are originally from the Middle East. A Tuscan Cypress tree used to be planted around burial grounds because the scent of the resin avoids evil spirits and gives a safe passage to the afterlife.
Tip: if you park a little further from the hot springs (above or down the hill), you can park for free.
Must know before you go
- Terme San Filippo is a group of springs
- The water has a perfect temperature (not too hot, not cold, around 37 degrees)
- The hot springs are known for their therapeutic properties
- It smells like rotten eggs (So, bring an old swimsuit because believe me everything will smell really bad)
- Bring water shoes, mosquito repellent and a waterproof bag
Tip: don’t forget your water shoes, mosquito repellent and a waterproof bag!
There are many more places to visit in Italy. To get inspired check out the Checklist: highlights in Italy.